Prior to taking part in any of our weeknight or weekend beginning scuba courses, you need to attend one of our four-hour scuba orientations. (This requirement does not apply to private lessons.)
These orientation sessions help ensure your scuba course is the best learning experience possible. They help you avoid learning to dive with uncomfortable, ill-fitting equipment, and allow you to start your training with comfort and confidence.
Scuba orientations take place on a regular basis. (See schedule below.) Prior to the Orientation, you need to do the following:
- Sign up and pay for the orientation session (it’s just $99/person).
- Purchase your mask, snorkel, fins and other required equipment. Learn more…
- Review the medical history form and, if necessary, obtain a physician’s approval for diver training. Learn more…
- Reserve space in an upcoming orientation.
Here is what the Orientation involves:
- Watching the SSI Risk Awareness video and completing all the necessary paper work.
- Watermanship demonstration and evaluation.
- Learning how much lead you will need to be neutrally buoyant.
- Making sure your snorkeling equipment fits and will meet your needs.
- Learning various surface skills such as water entries, kicks, mask clearing, snorkel use and more.
What to Bring
- Physician’s approval for diving (if required)
- Mask and snorkel
- Adjustable fins and wetsuit boots
- Weight belt and weights
- Swimsuit and towel
Available Orientation Dates
Weeknight sessions take place from 6:00 until 10:00 pm; Saturday sessions run from 12:00 until 4:00 pm. All sessions take place at Harry’s Dive Shop. Upcoming dates include:
- Saturday, June 24, 2017
- Wednesday, July 5, 2017
- Saturday, July 29, 2017
- Wednesday, August 9, 2017
- Saturday, August 26, 2017
- Wednesday, September 6, 2017
- Saturday, September 30, 2017
- Thursday, October 19, 2017
- Thursday, November 9, 2017
- Tuesday, December 5, 2017
These regularly scheduled orientations will take place whenever we have at least four students enrolled. We can also do private orientations for an additional fee.
More In-Depth Information
- Overview of what’s involved
- Course prerequisites
- Get started now with eLearning
- Knowledge review and skill development
- Open water training
- Where we train
- Required equipment
- FAQs and other information
Get More Information
Use the form below.