The good news is that how much you will spend learning to scuba dive with Harry’s Dive Shop is largely up to you. You have control over factors such as whether you want to take a private or group class, or where and how you complete your open-water training dives. All these factors have a direct bearing on how much you spend.
Our course fees cover all of the following:
- All in-water instruction.
- Use of tanks, regulators and BCs in the pool.
- Certification card processing following open-water training.
Additionally, our Open Water scuba course includes a full color textbook, diver’s logbook and plastic dive chart in a convenient zippered bag. Student divers are required to use equipment from Harry’s Dive Shop until certification is obtained.
Open Water Diver Course Orientation
This is the pre-course session all students (except those taking private instructor) must attend. The Orientation fee is in addition to the prices listed in the next sections.
|Open Water Diver Course Orientation||$99|
Knowledge Review/Skill Development Options
Prices are per student. Remember that these fees are in addition to the $99 Orientation fee (not applicable for private instruction).
|Two-Week, Evening Classes||$300|
|Weekend Accelerated Class||$300|
|Private Instruction: 1 person||$799|
|Private Instruction: 2 people*||$750|
|Private Instruction: 3 people*||$700|
|Private Instruction: 4 people*||$650|
|Private Instruction: 5 people*||$600|
|Private Instruction: 6 or more people*||$550|
* Everyone in the group must attend the same sessions for this price to apply.
Open Water Training Options
|Complete your training on one of our group vacations||$100|
|Accompany us on one of our Florida certification trips (does not include equipment rental)||$325|
|Referral package so that you can complete training on your own||$50|
What You Provide
- For the pool, personal equipment items such as masks, snorkels, fins, wetsuit boots, weight belts and weights. (see complete list).
- For open water, all of the above, plus two tanks, regulator system with computer console, BC, colder-water wetsuit. (These items available for rental from Harry’s Dive Shop.)
- Dive knife/cutting tool and whistle for open water.
- Transportation to and from training sites.
- Any other travel-related expenses not included in trip fees.
Unless specifically included in the cost of a particular trip, students are responsible for providing their own accommodations. If this is necessary, we will provide you with a list of area hotels.
If you have any questions about the costs involved in learning to dive, please ask us. We find that students are much happier knowing this information now, rather than being surprised by it later.
More In-Depth Information
- Overview of what’s involved
- Course prerequisites
- Get started now with eLearning
- Knowledge review and skill development
- Open water training
- Where we train
- Required equipment
- FAQs and other information
Get More Information
Use the form below.