The Master Diver rating is the highest non-leadership certification any diver can achieve. This course consists of equipment techniques and basic maintenance, ocean aspects and marine biology, diving physics and related physiology, medical aspects, search patterns, recovery methods, knot tying and uses, lift bag use, small boat handling, detailed dive planning, critical thinking and more.
This course has the following prerequisites:
- Be at least 15 years old.
- Be able to either answer No to all of the questions on the RSTC Medical History form, or secure a physician’s approval prior to taking part.
- Provide all your own equipment.
- Have logged at least 50 open water dives.
- Have certifications in Nitrox, Perfect Buoyancy, Dive Rescue, Deep Diving, External Wreck Diving, Underwater Navigation and Night/Limited Visibility. A good way to acquire many of these is through out Advanced Open Water Diver course.
This course consists of six classroom/pool session. If you would like to receive Master Diver certification for this course, you must also complete open-water training dives. Your instructor will have details.
All training takes place right here at Harry’s Dive Shop. We are among the few dive centers in the country with our own indoor, heated swimming pool. This 16-foot-deep pool was designed specifically for diver training. It provides unbeatable convenience and enjoyment.
This course takes over four evenings, meeting twice a week for three weeks. Monday/Wednesday and Tuesday/Thursday schedules available. Each session meets from 6:00 until approximately 9:30 pm. Upcoming starting dates include:
- Monday, October 2, 2017
Please be aware that, while we make every effort to keep our listings accurate and up to date, you should always call the store to confirm starting dates and times.
The cost of this program is $575 and includes:
- All instruction.
- Self-study materials.
Students are responsible for supplying:
- Personal diving equipment (see list below).
- Certification card processing.
Your instructor will have details and costs for the optional open-water training dives.
students are responsible for supplying the following:
- Mask, snorkel, fins.
- Weight system, weights.
- Adequate exposure protection.
- One cylinder.
- Buoyancy Control Device (BC).
- Regulator/alternate air source.
- Underwater compass.
- Primary, backup and tank-marker lights.
- Surface marker buoy (SMB) and reel or spool.
- Slate or wet notes.
- Wreck gloves.
Get More Information
Use the form below.