July 1-8, 2017: Looking for value? It’s tough to beat Cozumel. With breathtaking walls, reefs and aquatic life the equal of any of the Caribbean’s top destinations, your money just plain goes further in Cozumel. The trip price includes round-trip air fare, accommodations, meals and diving — for less than two-thirds what you’d pay at most comparable destinations. So if you thought you couldn’t afford a Caribbean dive vacation this year, think again.
Cozumel is the gem of the Mexican Caribbean located twelve miles off the southern coast of the Yucatan peninsula. Cozumel’s limestone shore is surrounded by temperate, crystal clear waters ranging from stunning turquoise to deep indigo. Take a short trip on the Ferry to the mainland for a day of shopping, dining, and sightseeing. Snorkelers and divers will not want to miss the famous Cenotes of the spectacular Dos Ojos Cave System.
Scuba Club Cozumel is one of the only dedicated dive resorts on the island of Cozumel. You enter through a Spanish-style arched entrance and step into another world. Tiled courtyards, splashing fountains and blue ocean set the scene for a week of total relaxation and stress-free diving.
The resort has 55 rooms tiered around two courtyards and the ocean. Many have private balconies or patios. Our package allows us to eat all our meals in the air-conditioned restaurant on site. Meals are served at times to accommodate the diving schedule. Below the restaurant is an open-air bar with a small gift shop nearby. Scuba Club Cozumel is also a place to come to relax. For the non-diving hours there are hammocks and beach chairs lining the shoreline with a fresh water pool on site.
The main focus of the resort is the dive operation. The Scuba Club Cozumel has one of the few on-site dive operations on the island. No need to lug gear, or wait on the dock for the boat to arrive. Boats for morning two-tank dives leave at 8:30 and return between 1:30 and 2:00 pm. The resort has several well-marked entrances for shore diving right off their beach. Night diving off the beach is a fabulous experience as well.
Diving in Cozumel is world class. Most all of the boat diving is drift diving in gentle currents along a wall — no need to kick or swim. Just relax and “go with the flow.” Walls are interspersed with channels, caverns, swim-through chutes and tunnels. The marine life is abundant — fish, coral, critters, pelagics — and the colors are vibrant.
The town of San Miguel is a short walk to the north. It is a great place to do a little shopping, or relax with a cerveza at renowned haunts like Carlos and Charlie’s. And, because everything is within walking distance (or, at worst, a cheap taxi ride away), you don’t need a rental car — saving you even more.
Who is This Trip Ideal For?
This may be the perfect trip if you:
- Want to dive the walls and reefs of one of the Caribbean’s top destinations.
- Want the comfort and convenience of a land-based resort.
- May be traveling with one or more nondivers.
- Are seeking to do more than just dive on your vacation.
- Are looking for the value associated visiting Mexico.
- Like tequila, margaritas and Mexican food.
When Does It Take Place?
Our travel schedule is as follows:
- Our outbound flight departs Saturday, July 1 from New Orleans.
- We return to New Orleans on Saturday, July 8.
How Much Does it Cost?
Trip Pricing: Pricing for this trip is as follows:
- Base price, per diver (double occupancy): $2,095
- For single occupancy: Add $325
- Nondiver: Deduct $200
- Three in a room: Deduct $100 per diver
Deposit and Balance Due: Requirements are as follows:
- $500 due at signup.
- Balance due May 1.
- Be aware there are no refunds unless we find someone else to take your spot
What’s Included: The basic trip price includes the following (if applicable):
- Round-trip air fare from New Orleans
- Airport transfers at destination
- 8 days/7 nights hotel accommodations
- Hotel tax and service charges
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner at resort
- Five two-tank boat dives
- Unlimited shore diving
- Use of tanks and weights
Not Included: Travelers are responsible for the following (if applicable):
- Trip insurance
- Meals while in transit
- Offsite excursions
- Crew gratuity
Additional Requirements: Travelers must supply:
- Valid passport with six months left past date of return and two blank pages
- Diver and/or Nitrox certification cards
- Dive insurance
- Signed waiver and Statement of Understanding
- Personal dive gear
- Audible and visual surface signals, reel or spool
Get More Information
Use the form below.