July 23-27, 2015: The Dry Tortugas are a small group of islands, located at the end of the Florida Keys, about 67 miles west of Key West. Still further west is the Tortugas Bank, which is completely submerged. The first Europeans to discover the islands were the Spanish in 1513, led by explorer Juan Ponce de Leon.
Dry Tortugas National Park preserves Fort Jefferson and the seven Dry Tortugas islands, the westernmost and most isolated of the Florida Keys. The archipelago’s coral reefs are the least disturbed of the Florida Keys reefs. The park is noted for abundant sea life, tropical bird breeding grounds, colorful coral reefs and legends of shipwrecks and sunken treasures.
The park’s centerpiece is Fort Jefferson, a massive but unfinished coastal fortress. Fort Jefferson is the largest masonry structure in the Western Hemisphere, and is composed of over 16 million bricks. Dry Tortugas is unique in its combination of a largely undisturbed tropical ecosystem with significant historic artifacts. The park is accessible only by boat or seaplane.
The all-aluminum, 100-foot-long Ultimate Getaway accommodates 20 divers in individual bunks. The boat is equipped with five fresh, hot water showers and four restrooms. There is a spacious interior lounge and ample room for lounging and sun with a huge bimini awning providing shade when desired.
The Ultimate Getaway departs from Fort Myers Beach, Florida. The mobility afforded by floating resort provides divers with unprecedented access to the best the Dry Tortugas has to offer.
Who is This Trip Ideal For?
This may be the perfect trip if you:
- Want to get in as many dives as possible during your vacation.
- Will not be traveling with any nondivers.
- Are seeking to do little more than just eat, sleep and dive.
- Want to see abundant coral and fish in an area seldom seen by divers.
When Does It Take Place?
Our travel schedule is as follows:
- The boat departs Fort Myers Beach on Thursday afternoon, July 23.
- We return to Fort Myers Beach on Monday afternoon, July 27.
How Much Does it Cost?
Trip Pricing: Pricing for this trip is as follows:
- Base price, per diver: $1199
Deposit and Balance Due: Requirements are as follows:
- Payment in full due at signup.
- Be aware there are no refunds unless we find someone else to take your spot
What’s Included: The basic trip price includes the following (if applicable):
- Airport transfers at destination
- Accommodations and meals on board
- Non-alcoholic beverages
- Use of tanks and weights
- Taxes and service charges
Not Included: Travelers are responsible for the following (if applicable):
- Travel to and from New Orleans
- Meals while in transit
- Personal dive gear
- Crew gratuity
Additional Requirements: Travelers must supply:
- Diver and/or Nitrox certification cards
- Dive insurance
- Signed waiver and Statement of Understanding
- Personal dive gear
- Audible and visual surface signals, reel or spool
Get More Information
Use the form below.