October 1-15, 2016 (plus travel days): Atlantis’ newest liveaboard combines multiple world class dive destinations with easy access from the beautiful Dumaguete Resort. Diving that would otherwise take a month via land can now be accomplished easily during these first-class, ten-day charters.
Highlights include Sumilon Island, Pescador Island and Malapascua’s Gato Island, home of a sea crate protected breeding sanctuary. Then on to another Malapascua favorite Monad Shoal known for frequent sightings of thresher sharks and manta rays. In addition to these pelagic species, the Malapascua area offers a wide variety of critter diving not to mention abundant reefs and wall diving. Leaving Malapascua you head to Capitancillo with its three virtually untouched wall and cavern dives.
Next you head to Bohol for a wide variety of reef, wall and critter diving as well as land tour opportunities. As a grand finale you finish the itinerary on the dramatic walls of Bailicasag, one of our favorite sites. This itinerary is hard to beat if you want a wide variety of locations as well as incredible world class diving.
This trip is in great demand and books up more than two years in advance. Mark your calendar and make room on your schedule to go on this phenomenal adventure expedition. Remember, the boat only holds 16 including the available Owner’s Stateroom. Getting to the boat is relatively easy. Leave New Orleans bound for LAX and on to Manila. One more short flight and you are there.
This itinerary allows divers to interact with the now famous Thresher Sharks and Manta that frequent the area. You also get to dive some of the more remote areas not easily accessible from land.
Other remote yet popular dive sites include Gato Island, a protected marine sanctuary where you are almost guaranteed to encounter sleeping sharks and sea snakes galore. Spectacular colored soft corals cover this site sheltering frogfishes, sea horses, nudibranchs and more.
Space on the Azores is limited to 16 divers. Those who are not among the first 16 to sign up (or who simply elect to do the land-only portion of the trip) stay at Atlantis Resort in Dumagete before going to Magic Ocean Resort in Bohol through Oct 15.
- Day 1: Board Atlantis Azores at Atlantis Resort Dumaguete and head to Sumilon Island for some easy and gentle first dives along the busy and colorful walls. Look out for the occasional Sting Ray or Manta Ray.
- Day 2: Expect a great mixture of delights at Moalboal Island, Cebu’s west coast. Here there are plateaus for frogfish, stonefish, schooling barracuda, colorful reef fish and sometimes lots of sardines.
- Days 3-5: Off the north tip of Cebu are very exciting sites. Monad Shoal is famous for Thresher Sharks, whilst others are replete with macro wonders like pygmy seahorses, frogfish, ghost pipefish and nudibranchs. Manta Rays are often spotted here too. Photographers need a few days so as to switch lenses frequently!.
- Day 6: Head due south to Capitancillo to dive the overhangs and walls replete with colorful reef fish. Almost nobody else makes it out here so this location is very unspoiled.
- Day 7: At Cabilao, divers delight in the stunning walls where schooling barracuda, Black-tip Reef Sharks, White-tip Reef Sharks, jacks and turtles congregate. On the wall are thorny seahorses and yet more nudibranchs.
- Day 8: Off Bohol lies Pamilacan Island, a pelagic lovers dream! Reef sharks, dogtooth tuna, Manta Rays, trevally and large Napoleon Wrasse hang out here.
- Day 9: At Balicasag the trip can end in a bang with yet more drop-offs clad with soft corals, a plethora of colorful reef fish and schools of barracuda and grouper.
- Day 10: Return to Atlantis Resort Dumaguete and disembark Atlantis Azores liveaboard.
Learn more about the Azores at the Atlantic Hotel website.
When Does It Take Place?
Our travel schedule is as follows:
- You need to arrive at Atlantis Resort in Dumagete on October 5, 2016 (remember that you will be crossing the date line).
- We anticipate returning to Dumagete on October 15
We can help you arrange air travel. A ballpark figure for roundtrip air fare is $1,900/person.
How Much Does it Cost?
Trip Pricing: Pricing for this trip is as follows:
- Azores base price, per diver (double occupancy): $5,100*
- Upgrade to owner’s stateroom: Add $700*
- Two nights at Atlantis Dumagete: Add $600
- Nitrox for the week on board: Add $240
- Credit card surcharge: Add 5% if swiped, 10% if keyed in
*All cabins are double occupancy. These prices may not be final. There are also numerous options, such as if you stay at the resort and do not go on the Azores. Contact us for more information.
Deposit and Balance Due: Requirements are as follows:
- Balance due May at signup.
- Be aware there are no refunds unless we find someone else to take your spot
What’s Included: The basic trip price includes the following (if applicable):
- Accommodations and meals on board or at resort
- Non-alcoholic beverages
- Use of tanks and weights
- Taxes and service charges
Not Included: Travelers are responsible for the following (if applicable):
- Round-trip air fare from New Orleans
- Airport transfers at destination
- Trip insurance
- Meals while in transit
- Personal dive gear
- Crew gratuity
Additional Requirements: Travelers must supply:
- Valid passport with six months left past date of return and two blank pages
- Diver and/or Nitrox certification cards
- Dive insurance
- Signed waiver and Statement of Understanding
- Personal dive gear
- Audible and visual surface signals, reel or spool
Get More Information
Use the form below.