October 3-5, 2014: The Middle Grounds are located 110 miles south of the Florida Panhandle on the same salt dome system as the Flower Gardens. They rise to within 60 feet of the surface; the surrounding bottom is 150 feet deep. They are a largely untouched region few divers get to see. The marine life here is large and abundant.
This trip, however, is not just limited to diving the Middle Grounds. On the way back, we will be stopping to dive some of the regions best wrecks, including sites like the Empire Mirca and Grey Ghost.
Space on this trip is limited to just 16 divers. It is certain to fill fast.
So that someone else does not get your spot, be sure to act now.
Who is This Trip Ideal For?
This may be the perfect trip if you:
- Are looking for an exciting weekend dive trip within easy driving distance (four hours) of New Orleans.
- Think that wreck dives are what make life worth living.
- Will not be traveling with any nondivers.
When Does It Take Place?
The schedule is as follows:
- The boat departs Panama City Dive Center’s dock at 5:00 pm, Friday, October 2.
- When you wake up Saturday, we’ll be at the Middle Grounds for a full day of diving.
- Saturday night we begin heading back toward Panama City.
- On the way back Sunday, we will stop and dive wrecks like the Empire Mica, Grey Ghost and more.
- The boat returns somewhere between 5:00 and 8:00 pm, Sunday evening, October 5.
You can either:
- Drive back to New Orleans.
- Check into a local motel.
- Stay on board overnight.
Be aware, however, that if you elect to remain on board, you must vacate no later than 6:00 am Monday morning.
How Much Does it Cost?
Trip Pricing: $600 per diver.
Deposit and Balance Due: Requirements are as follows:
- Payment in full due at sign up
- Be aware there are no refunds unless we find someone else to take your spot
What’s Included: The basic trip price includes the following (if applicable):
- Charter fee
- Dinner on board Friday evening
- All meals Saturday and Sunday
- Lemonade, Gatorade, coffie, hot chocolate, water
- Opportunity to make up to six dives
Not Included: Travelers are responsible for the following (if applicable):
- Transportation to, from and around Panama City
- All equipment including six full tanks
- Soft drinks on board
- Crew gratuity
Additional Requirements: Travelers must supply:
- Diver and/or Nitrox certification cards
- Dive insurance
- Signed waiver and Statement of Understanding
- Personal dive gear
- Audible and visual surface signals, reel or spool
- Ear Plugs
Sign Up or Get More Information
Space on Harry’s Dive Shop group trips is limited and offered on a strictly first-come/first-served basis. You can prevent someone else from getting your spot by signing up as soon as possible. To do so, or to get more information, stop by the store, call (504) 888-4882 or use the form below. Bear in mind, your space on the trip will not be considered confirmed until we receive a deposit. Use the form below.