March 21- April 2, 2015: Fed by the nutrient-rich waters that flow through the Somosomo Straits, Taveuni’s Rainbow Reef is home to one of the world’s greatest displays of soft coral. Twenty spectacular dive sites are nearby, all less than 20 minutes from the dive center. The experienced local dive team with intimate knowledge of the waters, select the best dive sites based on the currents and weather conditions to ensure each dive is a memorable one.
Here are some of the more popular sites:
Great White Wall
Fiji’s most famous dive with an impressive wall 200 feet long and 150 feet deep. A tunnel in the reef leads to a breathtaking drop-off and a wall covered in stunning white soft coral.
A large coral head covered in soft coral of every color. With the current flowing, this site is aglow like an underwater Christmas tree and the density of the fish life has to be seen to be believed. Depth 15-70 feet.
A large patch of cabbage coral is home to a variety of sea creatures. Depth 30-60 feet.
“The place where fish are born” is a vibrant dive site suitable for beginners up to advanced divers, with depths ranging from 32 to 128 feet and visibility 65 to 120 feet. Good for snorkeling too!
With the right tides, this site is the place to see the South Pacific’s bigger marine creatures, including schooling barracuda, white tip reef and bronze whaler sharks and, on those special days, eagle or manta rays. Depth 30-300 feet.
Garden Island Resort
Built in 1971, this is the oldest and largest resort with 30 rooms on the beautiful island of Taveuni. The Morais family has had a close relationship with Fiji and have been regular visitors of the resort over the past 30 years. With the purchase of their own Taveuni villa in 1979 and acquiring further land in 2006, they took over the resort ownership in 2008.
The resort has since undergone a complete refurbishment with newly renovated ocean view and ocean front spa suites, bar and dining area fitted with modern amenities and the comforts of home, while maintaining the friendly and high quality service.
Who is This Trip Ideal For?
This may be the perfect trip if you:
- Want the comfort and convenience of a land-based resort.
- May be traveling with one or more nondivers.
- Are seeking to do more than just dive on your vacation.
- Are looking for the value associated with staying in condo-style accommodations.
- Want the flexibility to dive when and where you feel.
When Does It Take Place?
Our travel schedule is as follows:
- Our outbound flight departs Saturday, March 21, from New Orleans.
- We return to New Orleans on Thursday, April 2.
How Much Does it Cost?
Trip Pricing: Pricing for this trip is as follows:
- Base price, per diver (double occupancy): $(TBA)
- For single occupancy: Add $(TBA)
- Nondiver: Deduct $(TBA)
Deposit and Balance Due: Requirements are as follows:
- $500 due at signup.
- Balance due January 15.
- Be aware there are no refunds unless we find someone else to take your spot
What’s Included: The basic trip price includes the following (if applicable):
- Round-trip air fare from New Orleans
- Airport transfers at destination
- 12 days/11 nights hotel accommodations
- Hotel tax and service charges
- Breakfast daily
- Use of tanks and weights
Not Included: Travelers are responsible for the following (if applicable):
- Trip insurance
- Meals while in transit
- Personal dive gear
- Crew gratuity
Additional Requirements: Travelers must supply:
- Valid passport with six months left past date of return and two blank pages
- Diver and/or Nitrox certification cards
- Dive insurance
- Signed waiver and Statement of Understanding
- Personal dive gear
- Audible and visual surface signals, reel or spool
Get More Information
Use the form below.