November 19-26, 2016 (Thanksgiving Week): The island of Curacao, in the southeastern Caribbean, is part of the Netherlands Antilles, an island group that includes Bonaire and Aruba. It is blessed with everything that makes these islands famous, including near-perfect weather, rich underwater scenery and a quaint, Dutch-colonial architecture.
Lions Dive and Beach Resort, located directly at the National Curaçao Underwater Park, has its own private beach with plenty of palm trees, lounge beach chairs and beds, beach huts and sunshades. Lions Dive’s private beach connects to Curacao’s largest white sand beach, named Sea Aquarium Beach (popular Mambo Beach), with several beach shops, bars and restaurants within walking distance.
The resort has its own on-site dive center and is right next door to the well-known Seaquarium and Dolphin Academy. Historic Willemstad is only a five-minute drive away. Dive sites like Mushroom Forest, Klein Curacao, Superior Producer and Tugboat are available right outside your hotel door. Just off the Lions Dive beach is the famous Stella Maris reef. It’s a beautiful shore dive that is home to a mysterious shipwreck.
Who is This Trip Ideal For?
This may be the perfect trip if you:
- Would rather be somewhere else during Thanksgiving
- Want the comfort and convenience of a land-based resort
- May be traveling with one or more nondivers
- Are seeking to do more than just dive on your vacation
- Want the flexibility to dive when and where you feel
When Does It Take Place?
Our travel schedule is as follows:
- Our outbound flight departsSaturday, November 19 from New Orleans.
- We return to New Orleans on Saturday,November 26.
How Much Does it Cost?
Trip Pricing: Pricing for this trip is as follows:
- Base price, per diver (double occupancy): $2,899
- Oceanfront (if available): Add $150
- For single occupancy: Add $620
- For nondiver/snorkeler: Deduct $450
Deposit and Balance Due: Requirements are as follows (and subject to change):
- $500 due at sign up
- Balance due September 30
- Be aware there are no refunds after the Balance Due date unless we find someone else to take your spot
What’s Included: The basic trip price includes the following (if applicable):
- Round-trip air fare from New Orleans
- Airport transfers at destination
- Eight days/seven nights hotel accommodations
- Resort tax and service charges
- Buffet breakfast at resort
- Complementary shuttle to Willemstad
- Five two-tank boat dives
- Six days of unlimited shore diving
- Use of tanks and weights
- …plus many extras!
Not Included: Travelers are responsible for the following (if applicable):
- Trip insurance
- Meals while in transit
- Lunch and dinner at resort
- Offsite excursions
- Crew gratuity
Additional Requirements: Travelers must supply:
- Valid passport with six months left past date of return and two blank pages
- Diver and/or Nitrox certification cards
- Dive insurance
- Signed waiver and Statement of Understanding
- Personal dive gear
- Audible and visual surface signals, reel or spool
Get More Information
Use the form below.