February 10-18, 2018: Spend Mardi Gras in Bonaire! Consistently rated among the top three dive destinations in the Caribbean, the island of Bonaire is renowned for its aquatic life, soft and hard corals — and some of the best shore diving on the planet. Located in the southeastern Caribbean, just 50 miles off the coast of Venezuela, Bonaire experiences nearly perfect weather year round. Water temp averages 78-84°F all year.
Where many Caribbean islands have a vertical wall that begins a mile or more from shore, Bonaire is surrounded by a steeply sloped incline that starts as little as 100 feet from shore, generally in 40 feet or less of water. This means that most of the island’s best dive sites can be accessed from shore, as well as by boat.
We will be staying at Captain Don’s Habitat, located directly across from the island of Klein Bonaire. Founded in 1976, by renowned underwater environmentalist Captain Don Stewart, Habitat Bonaire has been in the forefront of environmentally sound developments on the island of Bonaire. His vision is also reflected in the design of the resort. From the low impact construction methods, to the use of solar water heaters and energy saving devices, as well as a state of the art waste-water treatment system, every detail has been designed to have the least possible impact on the local environment.
The rooms are fully air conditioned. Each offers two queen beds, desk, cable TV, refrigerator, coffee maker, hair dryer, laptop safe, full bath with tub, telephone and secluded balcony or patio with comfortable furniture.
Total Diving Freedom has always been the concept at Captain Don’s Habitat. Over 50 world class dives are within a 15 minute boat ride. Diving Freedom means 24 hours a day, 365 days a year with no rush or anxiety. Take a giant stride off the divers-only pier “baby dock” and you’re already looking at clusters of starlet coral, surrounded by colorful wrasse and gobies, and the drop-off starts in 30 feet, only a few kicks away.
Our dive package includes 12 boat dives, plus unlimited shore diving. You can go right off the hotel dock or visit the many numbered dive sites up and down the coast. Breakfast is included, and you can either eat lunch and dinner at the hotel or sample any of the numerous local restaurants.
Who is This Trip Ideal For?
This may be the perfect trip if you:
- Want the comfort and convenience of a land-based resort.
- May be traveling with one or more nondivers.
- Are seeking to do more than just dive on your vacation.
- Want the flexibility to dive when and where you feel.
When Does It Take Place?
Our travel schedule is as follows:
- Our outbound flight departs Saturday, February 10.
- We return Sunday,Saturday 18.
How Much Does it Cost?
Trip Pricing: Pricing for this trip is as follows:
- Base price, per diver (double occupancy): $2,699*
- For single occupancy: Add $400
- Nondiver: Deduct $350
*Subject to change depending on air fare. Nitrox is additional. Deduct $50 if paid by cash or check by November 1.
Deposit and Balance Due: Requirements are as follows:
- $1,000 due at signup
- Balance due December 1.
- Contact store for cancelation policy and refund schedule
What’s Included: The basic trip price includes the following (if applicable):
- Roundtrip air fare from New Orleans
- Airport transfers at destination
- Nine days/eight nights in double-occupancy A/C room
- Hotel tax and service charges
- Breakfast at resort
- 12 morning boat dives
- Unlimited shore diving on two house reef
- Use of tanks and weights
- Complimentary shuttle to and from Willemstad
Not Included: Travelers are responsible for the following (if applicable):
- Trip insurance
- Meals while in transit
- Lunch and dinner while at resort, alcohol
- Marine park fee
- Crew gratuity
Additional Requirements: Travelers must supply:
- Valid passport with six months left past date of return and two blank pages
- Diver and/or Nitrox certification cards
- Dive insurance
- Signed waiver and Statement of Understanding
- Personal dive gear
- Audible and visual surface signals, reel or spool
Get More Information
Use the form below.