June 6-12, 2015: This is one of diving’s most exceptional values. Blackbeard’s Cruises has sailed the Bahamas for over 30 years and carried more divers than any other operation in the Caribbean. Blackbeard’s is an adventure packed, affordable dive vacation with something for everyone. Whether an average Joe or a CEO, the Bahamas itinerary includes the best variety of diving, including walls, wrecks, reefs, drifts, blue holes, night and shark dives.
The boat departs from Nassau, a one hour flight from Florida. you live dormitory style in cabins on a 65-foot sailing sloop. Pack light because everything you take on board lives in your bunk with you. Dive equipment sleeps topside in the weather; You sleep below in a bunk all your own.
The base price includes meals, beverages/bar, up to four dives a day, taxes, fuel surcharge, park fees, sleeping accommodations, use of tanks and weights.
You need to provide a valid passport with six months validity remaining, scuba certification card, diver’s insurance, a towel for showers and one for diving, transportation to and from Nassau, unlimited energy for fun with the sun and sea, dive light, tank marker light, safety sausage, emergency mirror, whistle, sunscreen, hat, and sunglasses. (Nitrox is not available.)
Who is This Trip Ideal For?
This may be the perfect trip if you:
- Want to get in as many dives as possible during your vacation.
- Will not be traveling with any nondivers.
- Are seeking to do little more than just eat, sleep and dive.
- Want to see sharks and other large critters.
When Does It Take Place?
Our travel schedule is as follows:
- The boat departs Nassau on Saturday, June 6.
- The vessel returns to Nassau on Friday, June 12.
You will want to off gas overnight in Nassau before flying home on Sunday, June 14.
How Much Does it Cost?
Trip Pricing: Pricing for this trip is as follows:
- Base price, per diver: $1199
Deposit and Balance Due: Requirements are as follows:
- $500 due at signup.
- Balance due April 1.
- Be aware there are no refunds unless we find someone else to take your spot
What’s Included: The basic trip price includes the following (if applicable):
- Seven days/six nights on board
- Taxes, port and park fees
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner on board
- Unlimited diving
- Use of tanks and weights
Not Included: Travelers are responsible for the following (if applicable):
- Round-trip air fare from New Orleans
- Airport transfers at destination
- Meals while in transit and on shore
- Trip insurance
- Crew gratuity
Additional costs to plan for: Air fare from New Orleans to Nassau and back. To off-gas before flying, either stay in a hotel for a night or stop diving for 24 hours. All totalled, you are looking at a week of diving for under $2,000.
Additional Requirements: Travelers must supply:
- Valid passport with six months left past date of return and two blank pages
- Diver and/or Nitrox certification cards
- Dive insurance
- Signed waiver and Statement of Understanding
- Personal dive gear
- Audible and visual surface signals, reel or spool
Get More Information
Use the form below.